Friday, July 14, 2017

Painting Pox Walkers Walking Dead Style





After figuring out how to make mud, and basing all of the Death Guard, it came time to tackle the Pox Walkers. I knew I needed a speedy way to paint these guys since I have even more coming. The method I settled on is fast. I also think it is visually effective. Once these guys are based and standing near the pale green marines the real look of the army can be seen. Now the pox walkers are fantastic models, but I didn't want any one model to stand out too much. To accomplish this I heavily limited my palette, and use heavy successive washes to darken the lower half of each model.

I have to give thanks to Roman Lappat over at Massive Voodoo. His speed painting zombies class gave me the basic idea which I then modified to include much more airbrushing.

9 comments:

  1. Loving all this deathguard work John. It's just lovely and beautiful to look at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. I'm particularly taken with these guys. They've got that dark grimness about them that I really like. It is a bonus that this method is super easy to paint.

      Delete
    2. Easy to paint, but still painted extremely well. :)

      Delete
  2. Looking good man.. cool to see the outcome of what you were painting last night 8) I think some of those Cultists would look good with the same color scheme ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. I have a lot of the cultists. I'll give it a shot.

      Delete
    2. Nice. I think they will fit in awesomely.. I think the color scheme will really work.

      Delete
  3. Would you please do a how to paint? They looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They looking really good sir! Would you do a tutorial for us?

    ReplyDelete