Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Hell Brute WIP 1





I dug around yesterday and found one of the two Hell Brutes I had in storage. I think this is a sign of just how cool the new Death Guard models are. This guy would have continued gathering dust if I hadn't been inspired by the new Dark Imperium box. I feel like I've missed out on this wonderful miniature for years. Clearly I knew it would be great when it came out since I bought a spare, but that is almost habit at this point when a new box comes out. I think I have 6 unpainted DA tac squads! 

I'm spending a little more time on this miniature than the rest. The base coat is cleaner and more precise. I also added a fleshier look to him. I think once I have a few rounds of enamels on this guy he will start to shine. I am really digging this. 

7 comments:

  1. Looks great and sounds like you have at least six DA successor chapters you could paint up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired me to dig mine out... added to the DG pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great forgotten model. I just painted all the little erupting eyes, and am loving it. The pose works well with the heroic poses GW has moved to. Just moved onto enamels!

      Delete
  3. Nice man .. from the thumbnail it looked like a treeman (brown and green).. The drone in the back looks awesome as well. The smooth green blends are looking nice..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Todd! We might finally get a game in once this force is completed!

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to it man! Will be nice to throw some dice. If you are on the hangout tonight we can figure it out.

      Delete
  4. Looking great - I like the contrast between the green armour and the fleshy parts underneath.

    ReplyDelete