Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Hell Brute and Blight Drone



The Hell Brute is coming along nicely, though the weathering powders spread everywhere. I'm still carefully removing the powders using alcohol, but I figured it was a good time to stop and take some photos. This is one of those moments where I need to just slow down or stop painting or I will keep making mistakes.

So with the Brute almost ready, I have two squads, three characters, and two vehicles painted. I think I need to paint up a Rhino or Land Raider to go with these guys. What works well these days? I haven't bought the chaos index yet, so I have no idea what my options are.

10 comments:

  1. They eye balls on the hellbrute are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I spent some time on them. When the model was clean they stood out more, but the weathering added a somewhat sloppy look to the rest of the model. I have managed to remove a lot of the powder and it is looking better.

      Delete
  2. They look good in 'The Cleaved' colours. So much better than (and a refreshing change from) red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't been following any particular color scheme. Looks like I might want to look up The Cleaved. Hopefully they use purple. I want to paint the doors on the rhino purple.

      Delete
  3. Thanks! I haven't been following any particular color scheme. Looks like I might want to look up The Cleaved. Hopefully they use purple. I want to paint the doors on the rhino purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink flesh tone you have used. They look fantastic. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love that model of Hellbrute, although I am having trouble thinking how to convert my fifth one.

    The drone looks well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. I think a blighted Rhino would look awesome. Rhinos are still nice looking tanks. I prefer paint ing them over LRs myself 8). The force is going to looking awesome man...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait? What blog is this? Is John painting 40k figures? I'm so confused. Somebody help me out...next thing you know Greggles is going to be painting infantry models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that is what GW gets when it makes a game playable again! ;)

      I does feel pretty weird to be army painting again. I am really close to a playable force. I can't wait!

      Delete