Thursday, July 6, 2017

Death Guard Daemon Prince & Friends WIP



I found an old finecast space marine daemon prince, and have begun adding the base colors to the model. At this point in my painting I have refined my color scheme, so the bright orange has been replaced with a fleshy orange. Because I already have a squad painted with orange innards, I'll make sure to add orange to other models. I'm thinking about making the nurgle symbols orange on purple. I think that would make a cool looking battle standard as well.

I think I waited so long to paint this model because traditionally people painting chaos had to deal with armor to flesh transitions. This can be really hard to figure out how to paint. I've solved the problem using an airbrush to blend them. That gets me 99% of the way there. Then I can enjoy painting all the random crap on the model.

I really want to base these guys, but I have to wait until I have a full force. I need my mud color to be uniform, and that means it is best done in one sitting.

6 comments:

  1. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes YES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The model is nearing completion. I'll post photos soonish. This is another model I should have painted years ago!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I just posted the next WIP which shows off the model a little better. It turns out I like Death Guard! :)

      Delete
  3. I like the green that you use for the armour! Do you have the recipe on how you painted them?

    ReplyDelete