Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sons of Horus Test Mini for Fulgrim




I knocked out a quick color test marine for a Sons of Horus loyalist. While Imperial fists would add a great dash of yellow, I really want this mini diorama to be set during Istavan III, when the traitor legions betrayed their fellow brothers and slaughtered them. Hence the green test mini. Fulgrim required three test minis before I had my purple recipe. I think this guy is pretty close already. I am tempted to add a bit more blue.

So a World Eater, a Sons of Horus, and Death Guard marine walk into a bar.... I was thinking about using those legions on the base, but I am worried the base would be too colorful. The alternative is just painting all three of them in SoH colors, and letting the dust tie them into the base. That would keep the focus on the third legions Primarch.

4 comments:

  1. I think that is the best way forward. A single legion that is not too colorful. Will meld with the base and not detract from Fulgrim...jeez 40k single mini is going to be a tough contest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree. All SoH is the way to go. Otherwise the base will be too busy and distract from Fulgrim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, keep the focus on Fulgrim. Everything else should be dusty and washed out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fulgrim looks fantastic so far mate, I agree all SoH on the base. Make him look like he's working his way through a squad

    ReplyDelete