Monday, July 22, 2013

Oil Drips & Dried Mud on DKoK LR

It may be hard to tell, but I started this off tonight, by highlighting the edges of most of the raised edges with a mid tone mix between the dark sea green and the grey color. Once that was done I decided to give mud a try. I started with a light brown powder mixed with alcohol, and spritzed it onto the tank using my air brush. I followed the tan with FW dark earth. AK Interactive engine oil was then placed around each of the moving parts, and drips were allowed flow.

I am not sure how effective this is. It kind of looks like the tank is oozing oil to me. On the other hand, this is my first try with the technique. I really like how the glossy oil plays off of the textured mud. This application is bad, but you can bet I will use it on my titan pistons.

I wish I had a dozen of these extra LR pieces so I could try out more things in a single day. Thank goodness for simple green!

3 comments:

  1. Would this help or just cause an avalanche of bits?

    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Warhammer-40K-Space-Marine-Tank-Vehical-Bit-Lot-/161071377243?pt=Games_US&hash=item25809a2b5b&_uhb=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use white spirit to clean up some of the oil effect and moove it around some - though not sure how that would go for the portion over the pigments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care what anyone says, I'm really liking this application.

    ReplyDelete