Monday, October 11, 2010

Tau Devilfish Airbrush Only




I took the nozzle off of my airbrush today and experimented with finely controlled airbrushing. I have a lot of tau tanks to paint, and I wanted to get the base colors laid down quickly so I could focus on weathering, transfers, and all the little grit and grime that I think will make these tanks shine. This tank goes with my turquoise squad. My next devilfish will have the turquoise and the rust red swapped. I think the devilfish will help to tie the army color together even though they are not going to be painted identically.

It was a pretty good experiment. The lines are nowhere near as crisp as painting by brush, but I kind of dig the soft effect. I think the next step is to put some shading on the thing, and then add the transfers. Post transfers come chipping, followed by gryphon sepia wash.

3 comments:

  1. have to say the same thing m8, like the color scheme you got in it. its fun to se your army grow more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments! I posted up some images of how the thing looks post weathering. I am on the fence with the heavy weathering, but it is the direction the army is going, so I can't back out now.

    ReplyDelete