Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ruined Centaur Pt2




I tried out wet weathering powders on this centaur, and quickly discovered that mixing the powders with thinner was a bad idea. I skipped a crucial step in the FW master class book. It is really important to seal the model before moving onto further steps in the weathering process. I managed to get away without too much paint damage, but it could have been a lot worse. The dark metal panels in the floor took the brunt of the thinner, and it shows. I think I may try to make the tank more minty colored. I am beginning to think that my DKOK should be on desert bases, which would contrast really well with a darker color scheme. Imagine this tank with dust sprayed around the tracks, and the right side of the centaur embedded in a sand dune.

2 comments:

  1. This is really good, I love the weathering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great looking paintjob!!

    I love the look and am waiting for you to put it in some mud or rubble
    Mike
    SCWH

    ReplyDelete