Thursday, May 27, 2010

BA & Flesh Tearers Air Brushed



I decided that I should paint up some new troops choices with the new models, and gave air brushing a try. I used the airbrush to lay down the base coat unevenly as I have done with my pre-shaded vehicles, and then washed the models with baal red. I am not sure about the wash at this point, since pre-wash the models looked really cool with the shading. The red wash really tones it down. The goal is to heavily weather the FT, so they will have battle damage all over them. The BA will be kept relatively clean.

These are just base colors, with pre-shading and washes, however it is the most important step to me, since this determines how clean a model will look, and lays the foundation for any fun detail work the follows.

I used tiny magnets in the backpacks so I could decide to change these guys out for jump troops at a late point in time. Sadly, I completely forgot to magnetize the BA, or even add magnets, so I will have to do those after the fact. Hopefully I can match the red!

5 comments:

  1. You've just to experiment until you get something you like. I do the same, I airbrush on the red to get it even, then I wash with Badab Black, works great. I think the purple wash works better though, try that out.

    Looking great though. I even all the painting you get done so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good, but your stuff always looks good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey buddy, the stuff is really fantastic. I used tiny magnets in the backpacks so I could decide to change these guys out for jump troops at a late point in time.

    ReplyDelete